Sri Sarada Math and Ramakrishna Sarada Mission is twin organizations named after Sri Sarada Devi and Sri Ramakrishna. The Math is a monastic organization exclusively for women, and the Mission is a charitable organization carrying out various philanthopic, cultural, and educational activities, conducted primarily by the nuns of the math. The organizations are akin to the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission and run on similar lines. Sarada Math was founded by Swami Shankarananda (Ramakrishna Mission), the seventh president of the Ramakrishna Order, in 1954. The math was conducted under the guidance of the Ramakrishna monks until 1959, at which time it became entirely independent. It currently has centers in various parts of India, as also in Sydney,Australia
Dakshineswar Ramkrishna Sangha Adyapith, founded in 1921 by Sri Annada Thakur, is an organization dedicated to the service of humanity and the worship of the Divine Mother. It is situated at Dakshineswar in the Ward No. 14 under Kamarhati Municipality. The main temple of Adyapith is unique in both its architecture and its symbolism. It is really three temples nested inside one another. Its spire combines Shiva's Trident, the Moon and Star, the Cross and Hand fan- the symbol of Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Buddism.
The renowned Kali Temple is situated at Dakshneswar on the Eastern bank of River Hooghly at Ward No. 14 under Kamarhati Municipality. The presiding deity of the temple is BHAVATARINI as aspect of Kali. The temple was built by Rani Rasmoi, a philanthropist and a devotee of Kali in 1855. The temple is famous for its association with Ramkrishna a mystic of 19th century Bengal. The temple compound apart from the nine-spire main temple contains a large courtyard surrounding the temple, with rooms along the boundary walls. There are twelve shrines dedicated to Shiva-Kali's companion- along the riverfront, a temple to Radhe-Krishna, a bathing Ghat on the River, a shrine dedicated to Rani Rasmoni. The chamber in the north western corner just beyond the last of the Shiva Temples, is where Ramkrishna spent a considerable part of his life.
Ariadah Patbari is famous to religious people for old and renowned Krishna Temple by side of Ganga River at Ward No. 13 under Kamarhati Municipality. Das Gadadhar a deciple of Sri Gouranga and Nityananda used to stay with Gopal Jew at this place which has made the place as devine to vaishnaba. Samadhi of Sri Sri Das Gadadhar is also maintained within the Patbari Campus under the custodianship of Mallick family, who are, infact shebait and trustees and residing within the campus. It is a private ancestral property of Mallick family of old Kolkata which had been established by late Madhusudan Mallick.
Rani Rashmoni of JanBazar, Kolkata was a pillar of strength in the mid-nineteenth century, amidst the male dominated society. Born in 28th Sept. 1793, the Bengali year being 1211. At the tender age of 11, Rashmoni was married to Babu Rajchandra Das of JanBazar. When she gained maturity and came to live with her in- laws and husband, the greatest possible tragedy happened to her. Her husband passed away leaving her all alone. Her daring performance and confrontations with the British in India had grown to be family stories in her time. Rani Rashmoni also had to her glory copious generous workings and other offerings to humanity. A celestial exposure led her to establish the renowned temple compound on the banks of the Ganges at Dakshineswar in the North 24 Parganas. Her greatest contribution was the founding of the Dakkhinshwar Kali temple. She patronized Shri Ramkrishna Paramhangsha as the guardian of the Dakkhineshwar temple. She held high the aspects of Hinduism which was the result of her spiritual attitude. Her outstanding social work, philanthropic nature were notable aspects behind a great soul for which people started calling her Rani or the queen. Rani Rashmoni passed away on 19th February; 1861. A temple named Rani Rasmoni Mandir is situated adjacent to the Dakshineshwar Kali Temple.
In the year 1955, Sri Jibandhan Ganguly, a renowned social worker and educationist from Belgharia, donated about 8.33 acres of land to the Government of West Bengal for the setting up of a degree college in the memory of his great grand father Late Bhairab Ganguly. The primary objective was to provide higher educational opportunities for boys and girls in the industrial area of Belgharia and adjoining places since it was inconvenient to go for higher education to Kolkata. The college was established on 3rd September 1968. The government subsequently transferred the arts section of Vivekananda Centenary College to the newly established Bhairab Ganguly College. In the following year science and commerce (in the evening session) courses were introduced. This worked as a booster to the new institution as a good number of experienced teachers joined the college. Later in 1980, the commerce course was merged with the day section. In 1968, the college started its journey with 4 teachers and 21 students and was providing education in very few specified subjects. But at present the roll strength has reached 4844 with 92 faculty members and the college is now offering honours course in 18 subjects in science, arts and commerce stream along with general courses.